Soul Terminal Tips And Tricks

Avariea

Community Officer
Staff member
Community Officer
Nov 7, 2017
Ok so with the addition of the Dino storage mod we have a new item to help make life a bit easier for both players and admins!

Here I will go over some helpful tips to using the soul terminal:

1. When using newborn trapping in order for admins to be able to restore dinos lost you MUST:
    • Pull the baby from the terminal
    • Yeet that child into the world
    • Retrap it using a new soul ball
    • THEN place it into a SEPERATE soul terminal
    • IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS THE DINO WILL NOT BE MARKED IN THE TERMINAL AS BELONGING TO YOUR TRIBE AND WE CAN NOT RESTORE IT!!!!!
  2. When Storing dinos you should periodically remove them from the terminal and check on them via release and retrap.
    • This will do 2 things
    • 1 It will update the dino in the server files
    • and 2 It will refresh the dino in the recovery files
  3. Before doing a boss run you should ALWAYS pull your rexes from the terminal and do the same as bullet 2
    • Remove them from the terminal and check on them via release and retrap.
    • This will do 2 things
    • 1 It will update the dino in the server files
    • and 2 It will refresh the dino in the recovery files
  4. When using a terminal to collect eggs/poop it is best to use different terminals for each collection type:
    1. One for poop (Max of 3-4 dinos for this as it makes A LOT of poop)
    2. And one for eggs (2 females 1 Male per egg type)

And that is all you need to know about soul terminals!! Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. My name is Ava. Have a wonderful day!! ♥

ladyteruki

Verified User
Community Member
Apr 25, 2019
France
www.twitch.tv
Just to be sure I understand :
  • a baby is caught by the terminal A
  • I take it out, unball it, reball it
  • I put it in the terminal B
...but if I want all my dinos in the same terminal (because frankly for searching & organizational purposes it's easier, not to mention egg production), is it better after that to store them in terminal A or B ? I ask because... well I have babies that didn't go through that now. Should I unball them, reball them then transfer them all into terminal B ? Or are they considered ok now that they've been in terminal A for a while ?

Avariea

Community Officer
Staff member
Community Officer
Nov 7, 2017
For best results its best to use Terminal A JUST for newborn trapping and terminal B for standard storage.

That way you can move the baby trapper around as needed but have a perminate terminal for general storage.

And yes if you have babies that have NOT been released and restored yet then please do so as they have not been saved properly in the files as belonging to you.