[Suggestions] Balancing the new tamed/stored dinos limitations

ladyteruki

Verified User
Community Member
Apr 25, 2019
France
www.twitch.tv
Since yesterday I've been asking : what is a longtime player supposed to do on DSC once new limitations keep being added ? And I haven't quite gotten answers, but I have suggestions.

On discord, in #ark, other players made other suggestions too, so I'm gonna compile a list, hoping that maybe we get some incentives to balance out the new tamed dino limit, so that players that are close or above that limit have positive perspectives to keep playing on DSC, and not just negative limitations.
I'm hoping by doing this to be heard, not necessarily that all suggestions are followed but that something will be put in place so that the discouragement I've been feeling is met with something more constructive than the answers I've gotten so far.

Here are the suggestions made by me and others, feel free to add some or discuss them ; admins, please consider them AND please give us answers so that the players who have issues with this limitation know where to stand :

- new dino mod : for instance I brought up Shad's Ark Imports, which was already mentioned in #feedback-and-suggestions before with no firm answer that I can remember. The positive being that it gives new things to do, the negative being that it's obviously on the heavy side and would need to be added to all the maps (and maybe also worsens the culling issue ? IDK)
- new "Rotation" map : a new map added to the cluster, with a modded map that wipes every x weeks and is replaced by another (there are A LOT of modded maps that, because they're WIP, are not fit for longterm playing, but still offer exploration, discoveries, caves, etc., that can be fun in the short term). The positive is that it keeps things fresh and is completely optional, the negative is that traditionally this cluster doesn't wipe (but since people would be able to keep their bases on the other maps, it seems to me that it could work)
- new "Arena/PvP" map : a new map added to the cluster (instead of not clustered, which iirc was the case of the previous PvP map) that allows people to fight each other, raid each other, and potentially hold "admin raids" events if admins are so inclined. Boss events, or any kind of spawn-based event, could be also held there. It could include a community arena where friendly fights could happen between players bringing their best "can be killed" tames. Positive : completely optional, it lets players farm/tame/breed in PvE, and then lose the stuff they're willing to risk in PvP (it also perfectly fits the idea of "culling" dinos while still being organic), on the negative it might need some balance so that it's not too discouraging because of already OP/alpha players (maybe only allow transfer of characters and dinos, but not gear ? IDK how to solve this)
- new "Storage" map : a bare map that has no resources, no dinos, no foliage, where people can transfer resources and dinos to safekeep them with no limitations. Positive : solves the issues of limitations on the other map. Negative : probably super laggy after a while (plus is at risk of corruption too eventually)
- new "Sacrifice" event : a regular event (every month ?) incentivizing dino culling with a fun twist. People meet on Ragnarok's volcano, bringing dinos they agree to get rid of. They get some obscure reward (I think points would not tilt the scales too much, but it's up for discussion) if they drop the dino in the volcano. Free beer and other fun activities are provided to make it a community event where people meet and have fun together ingame :)
Note : it's not necessary to put them all in place, of course, but I think that they're not mutually exclusive at least :)

Please feel free to discuss and add to this list !

Attachments

• TooManyDinos-SomeoneHasToGo.jpg
    TooManyDinos-SomeoneHasToGo.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 319